I’m going to add a recipe in my blog at the beginning of each month. Today’s is a regular on our table through summer by itself, at BBQs or leftovers for the lunchbox – it is all good.
Roast Pumpkin Salad / Serves: 6
- Gluten free
- Mediterranean focus
- sprinkle with toasted pine nuts / slivered almonds
- add in roasted beetroot & freshly steamed asparagus
- 2 cups Kent pumpkin, cubed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 80g black olives, pitted
- 80g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp. oregano leaves
- 2 cups baby rocket/spinach leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180OC & line a baking tray.
- Arrange pumpkin on tray & season with pepper. Cook for 30minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Allow to cool.
- Combine olives, fetta, oregano & rocket. Add the cooled pumpkin & toss gently.
- Combine oil & vinegar, drizzle over salad.
#easypeasey #recipe #summerBBQfun #nutrition #consciouslynutritious #happyhealthypeople