A big family fav, in our house (in fact it hits a high rotation status pretty quick in the warmer months). Light enough for summer but hearty enough to fill you up.
Easy Nicoise Salad
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Mediterranean focus
- 125g green beans
- 1 tbsp. capers, chopped
- 2 x 425g cans tuna, drained
- 1 pkt cos lettuce (usually 2 in pack)
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black olives, seeded
- 6 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 1 ½ tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Season to taste
- In a small pot boil potatoes for approx. 5 minutes, then add beans for a further 5 minutes. Drain when everything is cooked but still firm.
- Rinse beans under cold water, drain well.
- Break tuna into large chunks into a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, beans, capers, tomatoes & olives to the tuna.
- Line large serving bowl with lettuce, top with combined tuna mix.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well & pour over salad.
- Top with eggs & serve.
#meddiet #recipes #easypeasey #yummo #nutrition #wellness #happyhealthypeople #consciouslynutritious