Welcome! This website, Consciously Nutritious, is owned and operated by Shân Wellings who is the owner/operator of Consciously Nutritious T/A Consciously Nutritious ABN 65542775436. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Shân at:
Contact point: Shân Wellings
Phone: 0417 22 0004
Please take a moment to carefully read these terms and conditions, as they set out your important rights and obligations at Consciously Nutritious. This is about making sure we both know where we stand. When you visit this website consciouslynutritious.com, use our services or purchase our products you agree that you are over the age of 18 and are willing to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept this agreement, you should not continue to visit this website nor purchase from us. All products and services advertised on this website are offered in compliance with Australian Consumer Law.
On this website you will find blog posts, recipes and/or articles contained therein. This information is provided solely for information and educational purposes only.
Our Rights and Responsibilities
It is our responsibility to:
- provide accurate information on this website, however, we cannot be held responsible for how you choose to use that information.
- provide content of a generalised nature which is not a substitute for specialised individual advice. For any special advice that is tailored to your health needs, please arrange a consultation with Consciously Nutritious or another qualified health care practitioner.
- display honest testimonials and results on my website based on the experience of previous clients. Personal results differ as every client responds different to treatment plans.
- take every effort to keep my website alive and well. We take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any temporary interruptions due to technical issues out of our control.
- information on the website may be modified (this includes editing or deletion of posts) at any time, without notice.
As a Nutritionist, the content provided on this website is of a health and wellness nature. We do not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by the use or reliance of the general information provided on this website. Everyone is different and for individual advice please arrange a consultation with us or another qualified health care practitioner.
As a visitor to this website, it is your responsibility to:
- practice common sense when it comes to your own health, safety and wellness.
- seek professional advice from a health care practitioner before making significant changes to your diet (particularly people with known health conditions).
- use the content provided on this website for education and informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon, and is not a substitute for professional advice.
- seek guidance from a qualified health care professional, such as Consciously Nutritious, with any questions you have in relation to your own health.
- arrange to book in with us for a consultation if you require individualised advice in relation to a health concern.
Links to External Websites
Our website may contain links to redirect you to other health and wellness websites relevant to content and for your convenience. If you choose to click on those links and visit external websites, you do so at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any content provided on those websites.
Our website contains downloads of material created to provide you with convenient nutritional and wellness information. This is for educational and information purposes only. Whilst we take every effort to keep attachments safe, we cannot be held responsible for any virus or damage that could occur as a result of downloading said material.
Intellectual Property / Copyright
The information on this website is provided for your personal use only; it must not be used for commercial purposes. We encourage you to share the information on this website, but please respect our intellectual property by including a link back to this website.
Private Consult Disclaimer
Thank you for choosing to work with us. Private consultations are conducted in-person within my home clinic located in Morayfield, Queensland. They can also be undertaken online via Zoom. We like to be transparent as possible before working together, so please take a moment to peruse the below carefully. This disclaimer is in relation to private nutritional consultations.
It is our responsibility to:
- recommend advice based upon best practice and evidence-based approaches. At Consciously Nutritious, the founder and principle nutritionist, Shân Wellings, is a full member of the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA). This means there is a requirement to complete a minimum of 20 hours of continuing professional development (CPE) each year to retain that membership. This is to ensure a constant and continuing level of educating and to remain current with the latest scientific research.
- follow the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland) with the primary principle of doing no harm.
- recognise when services you require are outside our scope of practice and refer you to a suitable practitioner such as GP, counsellor or physiotherapist when necessary.
It is your responsibility to:
- provide accurate information about your health to allow us to provide the most appropriate treatment for your condition and ultimately, the best results.
- provide us with full and accurate information about any diagnosed medical conditions and medications as well as supplements, known allergies and intolerances. This is to ensure your safety for when an individualised treatment plan is constructed. This will enable us to check for interactions with medications you are taking, or against any supplements that we may prescribe.
- determine whether our service is suitable for you and your health goals.
- continue working under the strict care of a medical practitioner if you are seeing them at the time of consult.
- provide at least 48 hours notice for cancellation or rescheduling of appointment. Fees may apply if 48 hours notice is not given.
The Metabolic Balance® program is a complete package cost. Refunds cannot be provided once a plan is created. The package includes The Metabolic Balance® plan, access to the Metabolic Balance app, full blood pathology performed to provide the plan, two initial consults to set up and hand out the plan and 5 check in consultations for guidance whilst following the plan.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations: 48 hours notice is required, or 100% of the consultation fee is forfeited. If you ‘No show’ to a consultation, this will also result forfeiture of 100% of scheduled fee.
If applicable any partial refunds will be transferred into your nominated bank account within 1 business day upon receipt of the account details.
Rescheduling of booking is available and 48 hours notice is required. All pricing is in Australian Dollars. If you require a refund in relation to a supplement provided, we are happy to help resolve the issue with you. However, this will need to be discussed with the third-party provider.
This may include:
- an incorrect product sent by the third party;
- an issue with the product sent by the third party; or
- damage occurred during the delivery of that product.
Purchase of Products (Nutritional Supplements)
Nutritional supplements may be recommended during a consultation. These will be ordered through a third-party website where the company sends an invoice and the product, directly to you. Goods will be delivered by post directly to your nominated address. Delivery may be 2 – 5 business days. They may charge you a postage fee. We only use practitioner grade supplements. Tax invoice receipts are provided by the third party in relation to supplements purchased.
We will be happy to assist you in finding resolution by whatever means are practical within the event should a minor problem occur, such as problems downloading files provided to you or in the event a consultation time needs to be rescheduled.
In the event a major problem occurs:
- it is your responsibility to notify us of any allergies or reactions prior to our prescription of any supplements.
- it is also your responsibility to notify us straight away if any adverse reactions do occur. In the unlikely event you do experience life threatening symptoms such as anaphylaxis, call 000 immediately.
Please remember, while treatment plans are written out for each individual client, any time frames stipulated may change depending on a range of factors such as compliance with treatment and your response to treatment. We are all unique and our genetics, environment, diet and lifestyle can impact on our health differently. It is not possible to guarantee when and/or if you will reach your desired health outcome. Any products prescribed are for you only, and must not be given to any family member or friends. Self-prescribing can be harmful, and it is why we recommend seeking qualified professional advice to ensure the safety of all individuals before taking supplements.
Jurisdiction and Disputes
This agreement is subject to the laws governing Queensland. If you have an issue or complaint about the use of this website or the above Terms and Conditions provided, Consciously Nutritious and yourself should make a true effort to rectify any dispute through discussions. If we are unable to resolve that dispute within fourteen (14) days of first discussions, both parties will proceed to mediation whereby an accredited mediator, independent to both parties, is appointed in agreement by both parties. It is also noted that both parties agree to equally share cost of said mediation.